Wednesday 27 January 2016

Day 1

After spending more than 3 hours in the plane, we arrived at Don Mueang International Airport. Firstly, all was confusing for me, but I was very happy since I saw a group from VRU. They were really pretty and interesting since most of them ware hijab. For addition, I felt comfortable to have a conversation with Muyee, Couch, and Na Na whose English were easy to understand.


They and their kind friends accompanied us to VRU's dormitory, helped us for bringing our briefs, and suprisingly, brought us some delicious food. I really like food containing much vegetables.


Thailand was really cold, I had seen the temperature was until 13 degrees of Celcius. It made me freeze.

Around my dormitory, there were many bicycles since many students of VRU use them for going to campus or the other places.


In the morning, we went to SEAMEO office. We were taught about SEA-Teacher programme, the culture in Thailand, some Thai phrases, and so on.




After that, we had a lunch in a halal restaurant. However, the menu was confusing, so Ajarn helped us by asking what kind of food we would eat. I chose rice and chicken. The taste of rice was as salty as the seasoning of fried rice and the chicken was very soft.



In the noon, we were accompanied by Muyee to pray Zuhur in her Moslem Organization room. I could see the other moslem students in VRU. It was really interesting that most of them could speak in Malay. I felt like finding my family.

After that, we met the president of VRU.

Then Elsa and I travelled around the university. When we were walking in front of a primary school, a man riding a bicycle stopped then asked in Thai. I just said "we were sorry, we cannot speak in Thai". He just asked for forgiveness and went back. It was actually a proof that Thai, Indonesian, and actually also the people of other Southeast Asean countries do not have too many differences. 

In the night, some friends from Indonesia and I with a student of VRU, Baa looked for simcard. The conversation was really long since Baa and the seller could not speak English. Therefore, our questions were translated into Malay by Kikio, then translated into Thai by Baa, and so were the seller's answer. The interesting thing I found was we had to register our passport number for having a simcard. Finally, we got an unlimited quota for internet for 7 days by paying 108 baht (approximately 43.200 rupiah).


In that minimarket I also found that ciggaretes sold did not showed directly. It would be opened only when there was a customer who needs.

My first day in Thailand was totally meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment